The Host Organization
- Saves money compared to buying power from the utility
- Gets electricity from the sun, rather than coal
- Local investment means money stays in the local economy
- Lower utility costs for cities, counties and schools reduces tax burden on citizens. Lower utility costs for nonprofits means more mission dollars to spend on direct services.
- Oregon shows the rest of the country that communities can finance renewable energy
- Clean power, clean planet
- Investors decide exactly where to invest their money (unlike investing in stocks or mutual funds), and see the results of the investment in their own community