Want to invest in solar in our state?
Here’s what you do:
- Select a project from our list of current projects.
- Review the disclosures (Offering Memorandum) for the project you want to help fund.
- To join the Co-op and invest you must be an Oregon resident, and a member of Solar Oregon. If you’re not already a Solar Oregon member, we’ll sign you up when you join the Co-op.
- The minimum investment is $1,000. You may not invest more than 10% of your liquid net worth. Liquid net worth is generally defined as that part of an individual’s net worth that can be readily turned into cash. Please contact your financial advisor for more details. (Accredited investors are exempt from this limit).
- To invest in a project, email us your:
- Phone number
- Project you want to invest in
- Amount you’d like to invest (multiples of $1,000 only)
- We’ll email you a copy of the Offering Memorandum that can be signed electronically.
- Send us your check for the amount of your investment, plus $75 for the membership fees ($50 for a lifetime Co-op membership, $25 for Solar Oregon membership). Please note on your check what project you want to invest in. We can also take payments electronically, via ACH.
- Returns and payback periods will depend on the specific project. See the Offering Memorandum for full details.
- We will hold your funds in an escrow account, until we have all the money needed for the project. If we don’t raise the money within a specified period, usually 12 months or less, we’ll return your money, with interest.
- Now, come watch your project being built, and know that you are doing something good for your community, your planet… and yourself.